Over the past weeks, our team has noted interesting cross-border news stories and written blogs on current cross-border topics. We’ve shared these articles on our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages, but recap them for you here:
1. “Congressmen Jared Polis and Mark Amodei Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Permanently EB-5 Program on January 28, 2015”
Jan. 28, HotelLawBlog
2. “Listen to CJAD 800’s January 2015 Dollars & Sense Radio Show on cross-border issues with Matt C. Altro & David A. Altro”
Jan. 29, MCA Cross Border Advisors Inc.
3. “Obama’s Plans for Deficit and Taxes Are Detailed on Eve of Budget Proposal”
Feb. 1, The New York Times
4. “The insurance puzzle”
Feb. 2, InvestmentExecutive.com
5. “Obama’s retirement cap might sound good but it has an annuity problem”
Feb. 2, InvestmentNews
6. “Canadian pension funds scoop up US$2.75B in U.S. commercial property in first half of January”
Feb. 3, Financial Post
7. Altro Levy Quarterly Newsletter
Feb. 5, Altro Levy LLP
8. “Obama’s Tax Proposals: Raise Taxes for the Rich, Aid the Middle-Class”
Feb. 5, MCA Cross Border Advisors Inc.
Follow us on social media to receive frequent cross-border news updates or follow our blog to receive this weekly roundup.