If you are in search of a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding career with an established and growing financial planning firm, we would be very pleased to meet with you.
MCA CROSS BORDER ADVISORS INC. is a rapidly growing specialized cross border financial planning practice. The firm is a leader in developing cross border financial plans to help Canadians moving to the U.S., Americans moving to Canada, US citizens living in Canada, and employee relocation between Canada and the U.S. achieve their goals in the areas of taxation, estate planning, retirement, health coverage, insurance, investment management and immigration.
Our culture is founded on client service excellence, integrity and meticulous attention to detail. Successful candidates will posses a demonstrated passion for financial planning and service excellence, and the proven ability to create and present sophisticated, technical plans to clients. Essential traits include a relentless attention to detail and research, high energy, resourcefulness and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Position: Cross Border Financial Planner
MCA CROSS BORDER ADVISORS INC. is a rapidly growing specialized cross border financial planning practice. The firm is a leader in developing cross border financial plans to help Canadians moving to the U.S., Americans moving to Canada and employee relocation between Canada and the U.S. achieve their goals in the areas of taxation, estate planning, retirement, health coverage, insurance, investment management and immigration.
We are currently looking for an experienced Financial Planner to join our team of cross border professionals as a Cross Border Financial Planner. The right candidate can be based anywhere in Canada, as we have adapted to working remotely over the past year. This unique opportunity offers the successful candidate to become an expert in a growing specialized practice and provide complex financial planning services to high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals.
Applicants applying for this position should be self-motivated and possess the background and skillset to produce and present sophisticated and technical written plans to clients. Successful candidates will crave a research-intensive role within the financial planning industry.
Advise clients and key individuals utilizing meticulous attention to detail, analytical capacity, positive attitude and gracious interpersonal skills to help the strategic growth of the business. Key accountabilities include:
- Prepare ongoing written sophisticated analysis and memorandums with respect to cross border tax issues, risk management, insurance, retirement needs, estate planning, cash flow, education requirements, health care and investments
- Provide clients with timely and responsive service, keeping clients consistently apprised of file progress
- Consistently evaluate clients’ changing needs and continue to suggest strategies that would improve their financial position
- Demonstrate an avid interest in continuously enhancing financial planning expertise through research and self-study
- Effectively implement practice management processes to successfully manage client expectations
- Contribute to firm publications
- Create models and tools to implement solutions to complex cross border issues
- Attend and participate in speaking engagements and seminars/webinars
- Identify and initiate business development opportunities through attending appropriate network and technical expertise initiatives
Qualifications & Experience:
- Financial Planning designation required
- Post-secondary education with ability to demonstrate outstanding academic achievement
- 3+ years of industry experience as a financial planner, preferably in a financial planning firm with a high degree of experience with creating custom and comprehensive financial plans
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to present well to clients and have the ability to connect and build a sense of trust
- Avid interest in US/Canadian cross border issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Financial Planning Software Programs
- Impeccable communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Complex problem solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
- Outstanding time management skills
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation or Masters of Tax would be considered an asset
Salary: To Be Discussed
Contact: Human Resources Department, email@example.com