Edwin is Vice President – Family Office Investment Services.
Edwin Wong is Vice President – Family Office Investment Services at MCA Cross Border Advisors Inc. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) and Financial Risk Manager (FRM). Edwin brings nearly 20 years of experience in the financial industry to our team.
Edwin has designed, implemented and monitored model and bespoke portfolios through a goals-based approach, utilizing both traditional and alternative investments and strategies. Edwin is a client-focused, multi-asset class investment and risk management professional, with extensive knowledge and experience in developing strategic and pragmatic investment and risk management solutions through a consultative approach.
Before joining the team at MCA Cross Border Advisors Inc., Edwin was a Portfolio Manager at a boutique multi-family office within one of Canada’s largest financial institutions, for high and ultra high net worth private clients, with assets under management and/or supervision ranging from CAD $5 million to $70 million. In this role he built and optimized wealth management solutions for clients. Edwin also brings his experience as an Investment Consultant where he provided investment oversight services to third party managers of pension funds.
Edwin is a mentor at the CFA Society Toronto Mentorship Program, and a member of the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association, Global Association of Risk Professionals and CFA Institute & CFA Society Toronto. Edwin pursued the MBA Essentials for Managers Executive Program at Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, and obtained his Bachelor of Arts in economics with a minor in chemistry from Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst, CAIA Association, 2009
- MBA Essentials for Managers Executive Program, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, 2007
- Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA Institute, 2006
- Financial Risk Manager, Global Association of Risk Professionals, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Wilfrid Laurier University, 1996
Certifications & Memberships
- Mentor – CFA Society Toronto Mentorship Program
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association
- Global Association of Risk Professionals
- CFA Institute and CFA Society of Toronto